"I touched my chapped and peeling lips carefully with my fingers and winced…
“Your body is trying to tell you something,” Ani said as she held up the mirror to so I could see my face.
I was shocked to notice that my lips were swollen bright red. They were even cracked and bleeding from when I had tried to widen them into a smile.
“Oh, Ani, they are so sore.”
“Why have you not tended to them?” Ani asked.
“I was busy with other things, I guess.” I looked at her sheepishly.
“When you refuse to learn a lesson in this life, because you’re too busy, or because you’re afraid, or because you don’t know how to stop doing a certain activity, the body takes over and begins to teach you.”
“What does that have to do with chapped lips?”
”Chapped lips, colds, fevers, accidents – whatever you ask for, your body gives you"."
Abridged except from Chapter 8, Windhorse Woman by Lynn V. Andrews
I was touched by the wisdom of these words. How often have I not listened to my own inner voice (don’t eat bread today), not tended to my own needs (staying up too late), let myself get too busy (pushing myself too hard), and obstinately continuing on with habits that were not good for me. It really is like going against my inner guidance and the natural flow of life.
I wonder how much of that impacts on the greater picture of life. For example: If I want something but my focus (emotional energy) is on something else then I am probably not going to get what I want.
So a question popped into my mind: am I affirming life (my natural wisdom) and what I really want or am I going against it? It’s an interesting thought, isn’t it?
Let us say you wake up in the morning with 10 units of energy to spend through the day. You decide you want to use the energy to make up a website. Here’s how you spend your units:
- Play a card game on the computer every hour for 10 minutes - 2 units
- Phone a friend to say how difficult it is to make a website – 1 unit
- Look at the website template and feel overwhelmed – 5 units
- Go out for coffee – 1 unit
- Not sure what you want to say on your website and “trying” to think something up – 1 unit
- No energy left – give up and do something else.
Now here is a different scenario….
- Actually read the training blogs and watch the training videos on how to make a website – 4 units
- Make a plan of what you want on the website 2 units
- Look at other websites to see what resonates with you – i.e. what you really like and what you don’t like on a website - 2 units
- Find some cool pictures that really reflect the feeling of what you to do, to put up on the website – 2 units
- Plan to have a short walk part way through the day to refresh the mind (consolidate ideas) - gain 6 units (so you are back up to 10 units)
- Eat good food so you have the physical energy to do the work - gain 1 unit
- Prepare your website layout template - 4 units
- Write up your website and insert pictures - 5 units
- Do your website optimisation - 1 unit
- With a feeling of hopeful excitement, publish your website – gain 1 unit
- Talk to a friend about how excited you are – gain 2 units (so now you have a 3 unit credit which you can use tomorrow)
It’s the same with good health and vitality, isn’t it?
Elayne Lane is a life coach and can give sessions on motivation and how to clear those blocks that get in the way! Click here to book a session.
Massage special offer $55 for one hour! Book here
New treatment: Essence of Light Touch Treatment find out more