Inspiration or desperation?
If your life lacks luster
Or you feel bored
Or have given up
Then it's time to change track
Often we are well aware of what we lack in our life and are desperate to change it. We end up saying my job makes me feel like this and I don't want that... I've got to change it. However when we focus on what we don't want, we draw more energy to it and it tends to stick with us.
To change our lives, we need to get into inspiration mode. So anything that is fun, creative, light and fresh will bring this in. Here is a technique I have used for inspiration.....
- Gather up 5-10 magazines (and possibly a group of friends)
- Put on your favorite up-beat music
- Cut out all the pictures and words that look fun, something you would like, anything that inspires you.... new things, things you haven't had in a while, beautiful places, holidays, activities, something that represents what you enjoy doing or would like to happen
- Do this without thinking or analyzing too much.
- Avoid getting caught in the "how do I get this?" question, but rather imagine if orwhat else is possible position
- Purchase an A1 piece of cardboard and glue the pictures on it. You may have themes; work, home, holiday, family and friends, social activities
Inspiration not desperation